Erich Maria Remarque
"No," he said quickly. "Never. Stay friends? Try to grow a small rose garden on the ashes of broken feelings? No, this will never work for you and me. It happens only after small affairs and it looks fake. Love should not be spoiled by friendship."
No one can become stranger than the person you once loved.
How clumsy a person behaves when he is truly in love! How quickly his self-confidence fades! And how lonely he feels; all his praised experience seems to be gone, just like fog, and he feels so weak and helpless.
Love cannot stand explanations. It requires actions. Love wants to be eternal. That is the source of the torture it causes us.
"I have always thought a woman should not tell a man she is in love with him. Her shining and happy eyes should bear witness to that."
"You have to break your principles sometimes. Otherwise they bring you no joy."
"Whatever you can’t get always seems better than whatever you have. This is the romance and the stupidity of our life."
"Nothing’s lost yet," I said. "You only lose someone when he’s dead."
Quotes from: 'Three Comrades', 'Triumphal Arch', 'All Quiet On the Western Front' and 'Life on Loan'.
- Next May 13: The Coming Malay Fascist War
- Hannah’s Bullshit – Again
- A Thambi lectures the Malaiyoo
- Let’s Do It Again: Monyet Hadi bin Awang
- The Great Cultural Revolution, Malay Style
- Dear P…
- Fabricating Humanity
- 不醉不罢休 Never give up unless drunk
- Are 1MDB monies missing or stolen?
- M. Insight: New Bottle, Old Wine
- What China becomes so, too, Malaysia
- Those stupid Mat Salleh…
- It’s a Long, Long Journey….
- Malaysia’s Impossibility Syndrome
- Look at that picture…